If you prefer exploring the island of Langkawi at your own pace, then a self-driving tour is definitely the way to go, especially for those that dislike being herded around by tour operators. Cars can be hired through our Resort and its reputable and licensed operators.
We strongly advise you not to hire cars from private or unlicensed operators even if they offer a significantly less price. You may be held liable in the event of an unfortunate accident.
So now you have hired a car, what to do?
Enjoy the island at your own pace, as you see fit! Generally, roads are in good condition, and signs are well posted. Just a hint ‘BERHENTI’ means STOP! Drive safe and beware of animals crossing the roads.
Ask Guest Services for a map and get ready to explore these destinations:
- The Cable Car and Oriental Village
- Telaga Tujuh – Seven Wells
- Coffee at The Datai overlooking Datai Bay
- Check out the Ibrahim Hussein Gallery
- Tanjung Rhu Beach for some sunbathing
- Long Lunch at Four Seasons
- Durian Perangin Waterfall
- Gunung Raya Mountain in the afternoon to hopefully see some Dusky Leaf Monkeys.
- Return to your Home by the Sea
For reservations and enquiries, please contact us at:
Casa del Mar, Langkawi
Jalan Pantai Cenang Mukim Kedawang
Kedah Darul Aman
Tel: +60 4 955 2388 Fax: +60 4 955 2228